Reporting to Community Care RN Case Managers, the Health Care Aide provides personal care and performs selected tasks, which are within their knowledge and skill, under the direction of their supervisor while adhering to regulatory and standards, policies and procedures.
- To adhere to the plan of care as determined by the supervisor;
- To facilitate residents; move in and transfers where applicable;
- To observe and report on residents/clients care/service utilizing appropriate forms or tools;
- To assist the resident/client with personal care and hygiene and activities of daily living;
- To observe and report on changes in residents/clients condition to supervisor;
- To escalate medical emergencies to supervisor or emergency medical services as appropriate;
- To plan and prepare nutritious meals as required;
- To assist with ambulation, mobilization, transferring and adaptive aids;
- To demonstrate understanding of resident/client needs and maximize abilities;
- To provide cognitive, social, emotional, and psychological support to the resident/client/family;
- To maintain resident/client information confidentiality;
- To respond to resident/client/family concerns and ensure appropriate action taken within decision making authority and or concern communicated to supervisor;
- To assist in maintaining a safe and cleanly environment, including residents/clients equipment , belongings, and nursing equipment;
- To observe & report to the Client Service Supervisor any concerns regarding clients safety, including physical environment, implement interventions as directed by his/her supervisor & advocate on client behalf to ensure client safety is maintained;
- To engage with other agencies involved in resident/client care as directed;
- To attend in services to develop knowledge and skills;
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- To uphold and promote the organizations values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Code of Conduct;
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of Health Care Aide program (or provincial equivalent certificate program with minimum 500 hours of theory & practicum)
- Experience working with seniors in the community health services setting
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer focus skills
- Must have demonstrated sound skills and knowledge of providing personal care duties
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support and First Aid certification recommended
- Ability to perform tasks that are necessary for the position, e.g. lifting/transferring clients.
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
If you’re motivated by the privilege of serving our seniors with dignity, respect and compassion, come join us!