Guest Services Manager
The Aloft Montreal Airport is currently hiring a Guest Services Manager to join our dynamic team. The Guest Services Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the daily operations of the front office in a hotel environment. The role includes working with the hotel team to develop strategies and coordinate programs to optimize guest and employee satisfaction, product quality, and revenue opportunities, and ensure the property’s ongoing competitiveness in the market.
The right candidate will be a dynamic leader, focused on service. We are seeking someone who can bring a new perspective to our offering. You have charisma and a "can do" attitude that engages people to want to do business with us. You have attention to detail and are self-motivated. You're open to new thoughts and ideas and enjoy working with people.
What We Offer
- Work with like-minded team members who are passionate about their work and keep things fun, every day!
- Working with a reputable brand and being part of Silver Hotel Group, a company committed to ensuring a culture of respect, appreciation, and fun (among other things of course)!
- A fast-paced environment in an exciting industry, where you get the chance to meet people from all over the world. It’s a good place to be right now!
- Education Reimbursement for you (and your children!)
- RRSP Matching Program
- Annual Wellness Credit
- Team Member Referral Program
- Leadership Development
- Team Building Events
- Culture of Recognition Program
- Hotel Stay Discounts
Reporting to the General Manager, the Guest Services Manager will:
- Demonstrate and promote a 100% commitment to providing exceptional experiences for our guests and employees;
- Ensure guests receive prompt, professional attention and personal recognition. Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival;
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Implement appropriate service recovery gestures in order to ensure total guest satisfaction;
- Maximize total hotel revenues including but not limited to occupancy and increase RevPar on a daily basis;
- Maintain all policies and internal controls related to the front office operations to ensure the security of monies, credit and financial transactions, and guest security;
- Assist with recruitment, training, supervision, and discipline of Front Desk/Guest Services team members;
- Ensure all staff is properly trained on systems, security and cash handling procedures, and service standards and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions;
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments;
- Schedule the staff within budgeted guidelines and provide the best coverage for service demands;
- Organize and maintain front office records and equipment in accordance with hotel policy and control the inventory of front office supplies/forms;
- Assist in the preparation of the annual business plans, budgets, and marketing plans;
- Prepare, monitor and maintain front office reports as required;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What We are Looking For...
- Strong computer skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Office and Hotel Property Management Systems;
- Organized, results-orientated, proven time management skills and ability to work under pressure;
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written;
- Revenue Management skills and past involvement in the revenue management process an asset;
- Strong leader who can develop the skills of others and thrives in a fast-paced environment-maintaining composure and objectivity with guests and team members;
- Available to work days, nights, weekends, and/or holidays as required, including occasional Manager-On-Duty shifts.
About Aloft Montreal Airport
The Aloft Montreal Airport is at the doorstep of Montreal's Trudeau International Airport, conveniently accessible to the corporate office in the Dorval area. A quick 15-minute drive is all it takes to get to downtown Montreal's Culture, cuisine and commerce. Our trendy hotel offers excitement inside and out. At Aloft, stylish décor blends with modern comfort to make all rooms cozy, featuring the signature Aloft ultra-comfortabl bed, an oversized spa shower, custom amenities by Bliss® Spa, and complimentary wireless Internet access.
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S. and ranges from internationally branded full and select-service hotels to independent and boutique hotels. At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, and Recognition. As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention. Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
The Silver Hotel Group believes in outstanding hospitality and takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at 905-362-9503. The Silver Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by law.