Chinook Village has 25+ years of experience offering progressive and lifestyle options for those 50+ years of age. We are one of the largest adult living communities in Southern Alberta with 342 suites offering Independent, Supportive and Assisted Living options.
Our Mission is to provide a village with quality accommodations, programs and services where older adults can thrive.
This posting is for a casual Health Care Aide. This position provides care services seven days a week. This position requires that interested applicants be available to work days/evenings/nights.
To encourage independent living at all times and provide support wherever it is needed. Required to assist with aspects of client care, including personal care and hygiene, grooming, dressing, and medication assistance. This individual will also provide emotional support to the client and their family members or friends.
Responsible to interact and work with other staff and designated professional support services to provide high-quality care to the resident.
Responsible to maintain client respect and dignity at all times, while adhering to the goals, policies, and aims of Chinook Village all professional activities.
- Health Care Certificate;
- First Aid Certificate;
- Dependable, enthusiastic team player with above average interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
- Caring, compassionate individual who enjoys interacting with seniors;
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment while effectively handling multiple tasks while working under pressure, and able to meet deadlines;
- Highly organized and detail focused;
- Successful candidate will be required to submit a current, clear Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check no older than 6 months.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Casual
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person